SOME OF THE PRISONERS HELD AT
Präsident des Reichamtes für
Wetterdienst Dr. Richard Habermehl (Luftwaffe)
RANK: Präsident des Reichamtes für
As President of the Reich Department for Weather Service,
Habermehl was a Luftwaffe civil servant official equivalent to a Generalmajor.
DATE: 14 April 1945
19 November 1890
PLACE OF BIRTH: Lauter / Hessen
5 April 1980
PLACE OF DEATH: Neustadt
HAIR COLOUR: Grey-blonde
EYE COLOUR: Blue
NEXT OF KIN: American Zone
into State Service: 1 April 1914
- Leutnant der Reserve: 6 October
- Regierungsrat (Studienrat): 1
- Oberregierungsrat: 1 April 1930
- Ministerialrat: 1 December 1934
- Ministerialdirigent: 1 August
& Awards (included):
Studied natural science at the University of Gießen.
- 1 August 1912-31 January 1914:
State examination for a higher teaching post and assistant at the Geophysical
Institute at Frankfurt am Main.
- 1 February 1914-31 March 1914:
Meteorologist with the German Airship Company.
- 28 February 1914: Student teacher.
- 1 April 1914-31 March 1919: Meteorologist
with the Inspectorate of Air and Transport, Prussian War Ministry.
- 26 August 1914-31 August 1917:
War service as a military meteorologist assigned to Field Weather Station
1, the Replacement Battalion of Landwehr Infantry Regiment 116, and Reserve
Infantry Regiment 223.
- 1 September 1917-4 December 1918:
Adjutant, Home Weather Observation Command in Berlin.
- 8 December 1918-15 June 1920:
Teaching service in Hessen.
- 16 June 1920-15 June 1929: Instructor
of Meteorology and leader of the Weather Service at the Artillery School,
- 16 June 1929-15 May 1933: Secondary
school teacher of Meteorology and Navigation with the Hauptbildstelle
and specialist for Weather Service matters in the Reich Defense Ministry/In
- 15 May 1935: Entered the Luftwaffe.
- 16 May 1933-26 June 1935: Consultant
for Weather Service and Flight Security in the Reich Aviation Ministry.
- 26 June 1935-31 December 1936:
Group Leader /LB III/ Reich Aviation Ministry.
- 1 January 1937-31 January 1939:
Department Chief /LB 3/ Reich Aviation Ministry.
- 1 February 1939-31 July 1939:
Department Chief to the Chief of the Reich Weather Service.
- 1 August 1939-14 April 1945: President
of the Reich Department for Weather Service.
- 26 August 1939-31 January 1940:
At the same time, detached as Deputy Chief of Weather Service, Luftwaffe
- 14 April 1945-17 May 1948: British
prisoner of war.
- 9 May 1945 transferred to Trent Park Camp 11 sorting camp.
- 9 January 1946 transferred
to Island Farm Special Camp 11 from Camp 1
- 12 May 1948 transferred to
Camp 186 fo repatriation
- 1 September 1948-31 March 1949:
Deputy Leader of the Weather Service in the French occupation zone of
- 1 April 1949-7 October 1951: Leader
of the Weather Service in Rheinland-Pfalz.
- 8 October 1951-10 November 1951:
Department Leader, Central Office for Weather Service in the United States
occupation zone of Germany.
- 11 November 1952-: Department
Leader, German Weather Service / Federal Ministry of Traffic.
Iron Cross, 2nd Class (1914)
- Cross of Honor for Combatants